Browse Products by Brand
- Amplified Phones
- Hearing Aids Direct
- Hearing Impaired Accessories
- Telecoil Devices
- TV Ears
Browse Products by Price
Take a Hearing Test Now!
Simply answer the following questions below and compare your score to the chart below to see the results (this is not an Audiogram).
Do I Need a Hearing Aid?
Test Your Hearing with Our Online Hearing Aid Test
Answer the following questions, instantly your score will be calculated automatically at the bottom of the test.
- 3 points for every "almost always" answer
- 2 points for every "half the time" answer
- 1 point for every "occasionally" answer
- 0 for every "never" answer
Please note: If hearing loss runs in your family, add an additional 3 points to your overall score. The American Academy of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery recommends the following:
0-5 points: Your hearing is fine. No action is required.
6-9 points: Suggest you see an ear, nose, and throat (ENT) specialist. You may need a hearing aid.
10+ points: Strongly recommend you see an ear, nose, and throat (ENT) specialist. You may need a hearing aid.
- I have a problem hearing over the telephone.
- I have trouble following the conversation when two or more people are talking at the same time.
- I have to strain to understand conversations.
- People complain that I turn the TV volume too high.
- I miss hearing some common sounds like the phone or doorbell ring.
- I have trouble hearing conversations in a noisy background, such as a party.
- I get confused about where sounds come from.
- I misunderstand some words in a sentence and need to ask people to repeat themselves.
- I especially have trouble understanding the speech of women and children.
- I have worked in noisy environments (such as assembly lines, construction sites, or near jet engines).
- Many people I talk to seem to mumble or don't speak clearly.
- People get annoyed because I misunderstand what they say.
- I misunderstand what others are saying and make inappropriate responses.
- I avoid social activities because I cannot hear well and fear I'll make improper replies.
- Ask a family member or friend to answer this question: Do you think I have a hearing loss?